PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. BY RENTING PRODUCTS OFFERED ON OUR SITE AND MAKING PAYMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT RENT ANY PRODUCTS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT ANYTIME IN THE FUTURE AND ANY CHANGES WILL APPLY TO THE RENTAL OF ANY PRODUCTS AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH CHANGE.
DSS hereby leases for a specified period to the inquiring customer (from herein known as Renter), and Renter hereby rents from DSS, the costume(s) described on the terms and conditions set forth herein for the time period indicated (Start Date/End Date). All costume(s) shall remain the property of DSS and must be returned upon demand.
DSS’s liability under this Rental Agreement shall in all cases, including without limitation, failure of delivery of the costume(s), be limited to the return of all sums paid by Renter to DSS on account of the rental provided herein.
- All renters must be at least 18 years of age. Parents may rent for children.
- For hygienic reasons, underwear must be worn while wearing all costumes.
- PRO TAN OR ANY SIMILAR PERMANENT TANNING PRODUCTS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Damages will result in additional fees or the cost of replacement of the costume.
- Costumes and accessories will not be altered by the Renter, and costumes must not be damaged upon return. Damage fees will be assessed for alterations. If the costume is permanently altered, Renter will be charged the full price of the costume and the rental will be considered a purchase. (Costumes may not be altered to fit and must be returned in their original condition. If a costume is returned altered or damaged, fees will be charged.)
- Professional cleaning is included in the rental price and no additional cleaning charge will be assessed unless the costume is returned damaged. Do not dry clean the costume for any reason. (Anything returned will be assessed and an additional cleaning fee will be charged if required.)
- Costumes may 'bleed', transfer, or rub color onto the skin and/or clothing/underwear/tights when worn and DSS is not responsible for such damage and will not compensate the Renter for or replace such garments. Using the costume is at the Renter’s own risk of potential damage to garments.
- All rental fees due from the Renter must be PAID IN FULL AT TIME OF RESERVATION to hold the costume for Renter's event dates. The costumes are not considered reserved until full payment is made and if payment is not received in 24 hours of invoicing, the reservation will be cancelled, and the costumes may become unavailable.
- Renter will pay for all shipping fees. Renter will return any and all costumes and accessories via 2-day shipping of Renter's choice, with tracking.
5-Day Rental Period:
- All costume rentals are 5 days in length, beginning on the day that the costume is received by the Renter, including Saturday and Sunday up to the day the costume is shipped out. As soon as the costume is shipped out, the customer must email DSS, confirming the shipment of the costume in order for the rental period to be confirmed ended. Refunds are not given for costumes returned early. Additional rental days are available upon request for an additional fee.
- Return date is indicated as the 5th day of the rental period. The costume must be shipped out on the 5th day of the rental period. Reservations cannot end on a Sunday.
- If a shipment to a Renter is delayed, DSS will work with Renter to reasonably compensate for any missed time.
- DSS will ship all rental costumes and jewelry to the Renter to arrive on or before the Start Date specified by the Renter.
- Costumes and jewelry received early by the Renter will incur no additional fee.
- Renter will return/ship the costumes back to DSS no later than the specified return date (the 5th day of the rental period). Renter is responsible for the safe return of the costume(s) and will ship the costume(s) with tracking confirmation to ensure return. Renter is responsible for loss/theft during return shipping and should insure the package if necessary.
- Renter will use 2 DAY shipping with tracking method to ensure timely return of the costumes.
- All rentable costumes and accessories can also be picked up in store without the need of shipment.
- Cancellation of a costume rental will be accepted for costumes that have not yet been shipped out for rental. The full rental price will be refunded, along with any shipping fees, if the costume has not yet been shipped. If the costume has already been shipped out by DSS to the Renter, cancellation is not available, and the Renter will be charged the full 5-day term cost of rental.
- Costumes not returned via 2-Day shipping on or before the specified return end date (the 5th day of the rental period) will be charged the full price of another rental period of 5 days, for each costume sent late, until the costume is received.
- All accessories sent with the rental costumes must be returned with the costumes as specified. Any accessories not returned will be charged their full retail value as determined by DSS.
- Renters are responsible for the safety of the costumes and accessories while in their possession and agree to pay for the loss of any costume/accessory (the full retail value as determined by DSS).
- Damage charges will be assessed for broken zippers, detached garment pieces, make-up or other permanent stains or any other damage that renders the costume not rentable. It includes the cost of the supplies needed to restore the garment to its original state as well as labor costs.
- Major damage to costumes, including irreparable tears, or irreversible marks will be assessed at the replacement value of the costume.
- Lost costumes will be assessed with a lost costume fee of the replacement value of the costume.
Privacy Terms & Conditions:
- DSS will not collect or distribute any credit card information obtained from the Renter. DSS will attempt to collect all payments via secure electronic capture to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- DSS will not sell or attempt to sell any information collected from the Renter and will keep all account and reservation information private. We will provide individually identifiable information about our consumers to third parties only if we are compelled to do so by order of a duly-empowered governmental authority, we have the express permission of the consumer, or it is necessary to process transactions and provide our services.
RENTER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT DSS HAS NOT AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE SUITABILITY OF THE COSTUME(S), ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ITS CONDITION AND/OR ITS QUALITY AND RENTER ACCEPTS ALL COSTUMES AS “AS IS” CONDITION.
RENTER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFE CARE AND TIMELY RETURN OF THE COSTUME(S) AND ANY ACCESSORIES IN GOOD CONDITION, AND RENTER SHALL BEAR THE ENTIRE RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE COSTUME(S) AND ACCESSORIES.
- By clicking the "RENT" button, Renter agrees to all terms set forth by DSS and agrees to cover the cost of the costume rental(s), shipping, and any damages/loss/theft/replacement and/or late charges. Renter has read and understands the Rental Policy & Agreement above and agrees to abide by it.
Amended October, 2019